I’m breaking my posting hiatus with some of the stuff I’m following this month.
- Lots of travel. So many of my trips strangely converged this month. Spain, Houston and Scottsdale. I checked off two bucket list items this month – visiting the Alhambra and the Johnson Space Center!
- Outer space and life coming full circle. In 2009, I went to Scottsdale to recruit for the new Barneys New York store (unfortunately now closed). While there, Buzz Aldrin was signing his new book, Magnificent Desolation, at the Louis Vuitton store in the mall. The book was a very special Christmas gift to my dad that year. This winter, while going through my mom’s bookshelves as she prepares to sell my childhood home, I found Buzz’s book. I brought it back to Scottsdale to read poolside this month. Having also seen the Saturn V rocket at the Johnson Space Center just a week before, I felt like a real superfan.
- So much reading. I finally finished Dubliners this month and Goodreads is moving up as one of my favorite social media accounts.
- Getting back to writing in some small ways. More to come soon.
- Career advice from powerful women. First Ann Shoket‘s new book The Big Life and now Sallie Krawcheck’s Own It. It’s exciting to hear how they navigated their careers and the advice they have for women like me. I saw Krawcheck speak at Work-bench last week and she was riveting. She came across as very authentic and direct, and it was great to speak with her briefly as she signed my book.
It’s been a whirlwind month and I really enjoyed it. Here’s to a happy spring!